[News] Tux Crafts and New Marketing Push for GNU/Linux

Ten Great “Tux” the Linux Penguin Crafts

,----[ Quote ]
| What geek doesn’t at least respect Linux? And even if you aren’t a fan of the
| OS, who doesn’t love Tux the Linux Penguin? I know I do! So here are ten of
| the coolest Tux projects I could find on the world wide web.
`----

http://geekcrafts.com/ten-great-tux-the-linux-penguin-crafts-goodies/

Move over PC and Mac; it's time for "I'm Linux"

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple’s “I’m a Mac” ads have gone viral, and are well known around the world,
| even in countries where they have never aired on television.
|
| It’s a slick marketing strategy that certainly troubled the Redmond
| juggernaut, who spent a whopping $10m to hire the star – Jerry Seinfeld –
| alone. If you’re a Windows user, consider where your licensing fees are
| going!
|
| Of course, one notable operating system has been absent from these
| comparisons and productions – until now!
|
| The Linux Foundation think, and rightly so, that a Linux advertisement is
| overdue. They’ve taken on the challenge to bring it to life.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22730/1143/

Recent:

The Wrong Way To Sell Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| But let us not see malice or incompetence when it's probably no more than
| trying to make Linux more appealing to Mac and Windows users. I think it's
| sincere but misguided. Linux and FOSS succeed on their merits, and it's the
| differences from proprietary software that should be emphasized, rather than
| meekly excusing them, or pretending they don't exist.
`----

http://blog.linuxtoday.com/blog/2008/12/the-wrong-way-t.html

Minds Meet to Mull Linux Marketing

,----[ Quote ]