[News] Enlightenment Called Stable, Still Developing

Enlightenment 17 Still Moving Right Along

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been awhile since anyone has posted any updates about e17 (myself
| included). The enlightenment project is still moving along at good speed. The
| window manager for enlightenment - simply called e - is stable. I have been
| using it constantly since 2004 as my X desktop on both Linux and FreeBSD
| without any issues. What many users may not know is how much over the last
| year or so has risen up around enlightenment.

E17 adapted to Linux devices, demo'd on Treo650

,----[ Quote ]
| Carsten "Rasterman" Haitzler has adapted his Enlightenment window manager to
| low-powered, small-screen devices like mobile phones. The Linux desktop
| graphics pioneer has released a pared-down widget set, along with ports and
| video demonstrations of E17 on OpenMoko's NeoFreerunner phone and Palm's
| Treo650 (booted into Linux, naturally).

The Enlightened future of OpenMoko Linux mobile phones

,----[ Quote ]
| I met lead Enlightenment developer Carsten Haitzler in the exhibition hall at
| the Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) this past weekend. Carsten told me
| about prospects for the future of Enlightenment and shared with me some
| details about his work at OpenMoko, a division of FIC which is developing
| Linux-based open-source mobile phone handsets. He sees a big future for Linux
| in the mobile and embedded space and notes that Enlightenment, with its small
| memory footprint, is ideal for deployment on such devices.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080211-the-enlightened-future-of-openmoko-linux-mobile-phones.html

Related:

Enlightenment Desktop UI running on the Neo1973

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://mobilemoko.net/2007/enlightenment-desktop-ui-running-on-the-neo1973/