Re: [News] GNU/Linux Can Protect from Suppressive Regimes

Ezekiel wrote:
"Matt" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:MHbcl.121751$2w3.22197@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Warrantless Intrusion: yet another reason for Using GNU/Linux (but it may not
be enough)

,----[ Quote ]
| All manner of campaigns have been tried to persuade Windows users to make the | switch to GNU/Linux and every year is heralded as the year of GNU/Linux on | the desktop. Whether these things come to pass or not only time will tell, | but the latest electronic assault on the integrity of computers which | emanates from the British Government via a European directive might just tilt | the balance in favour of free and open software. I suspect however that the | hard-core Redmondnites will blunder on as usual making the internet a gold | mine for any individual, corporation or government maliciously inclined to | steal or plant information your computer. So, what exactly is warrantless | intrusion? | | [...] | | I'm not a technical expert but it seems to me that the only theoretical way | to defeat the government's insatiable lust for information, power and control | is to create an open source ISP funded by its members like some kind of | modern Friendly Society which would be founded on democratic principles and | funded by the members. It seems impossible but the Wikipedia project ought | not to exist either - but it does. The other long shot is to pray for the | sudden emergence of a technological singularity which moves so impossibly | fast that governments cannot keep pace with counter measures. Failing that we | all become Luddites and forswear computers and the internet entirely.

Homer

Absolutely freakin amazing. Here's an issue that appears to interest you. So instead of using the web and maybe searching for some relevant data and information on the subject you ask some uninformed lunatic to tell you what you should think about the situation. The same nutjob Homer who posted here that people - 'should be arrested and jailed for what they said.'

Yeah... that's one great "source" that you get /your/ information and your knowledge from.

Typical Zeke assuming and flying off the handle again.