[News] GNU/Linux Better Than BetaVista7

Why Linux will crush Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Desktop Linux is moving forward. All the major computer vendors are now
| selling at least one PC, laptop or netbook with Linux. Many, if not most, PCs
| and netbooks will have SplashTop Linux soldiered right on their motherboard
| in 2009. Netbooks, the new hot computer model, often have Linux running on
| them. And, oh yeah, some company named Google seems to be making some
| interesting moves with Android Linux on netbooks. Oh, and have I mentioned
| that Windows' market share has actually dropped below 90% of the desktop
| market.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/why_linux_will_crush_windows_7

Mortal OS Kombat: Linux versus Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| My take: Linux
|
| There's no doubt that Windows 7 will make more headway into the netbook
| market than its failed attempts at capitalizing on this emerging sector in
| 2008.  But the ultimate factor in the netbook space isn't the feature-set of
| the operating system.  It's the cost.  When two similar notebooks exist at a
| hundred dollar price gap, we can't envision a consumer adopting the pricier
| model just for the Windows 7 experience.  The hype can't possibly be that
| much of a selling point...  right?  Consumers might be having a trickier time
| adopting Linux, but in a worsening economy, they might have a more difficult
| time sacrificing that extra cash.
`----

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/0003_mortal_os_kombat_linux_versus_windows_7

Recent:

Diving Headfirst into Windows Beta 7

,----[ Quote ]
| I take the Windows 7 Beta plunge and find the waters a bit choppy.
|
| [...]
|
| Daemon Tools? Won't even install.
|
| Virtual Clone Drive? Buggy and unstable (check their forums).
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/157041/windows_7_beta.html?tk=rss_news

Why Linux makes Windows 7 obsolete

,----[ Quote ]
| As a matter of fact, Microsofts future is squashed between an obsolete
| Windows XP and a Vista nobody wants. With many home users getting tired to
| get and maintain the next pirated version of Microsoft Office and many
| governments moving to ODF I see very dark clouds for Microsofts main cash
| cows. It may be clear by now that Windows 7 is nothing more than a
| refurbished Windows Vista. Aero has been polished a bit more, some of the
| major resource hogs may have been optimized, but all in all it is nothing
| more than Vista SP2.
`----

http://thebeezspeaks.blogspot.com/2009/01/why-linux-makes-windows-7-obsolete.html

Leaked Windows 7 Beta Includes Free Security Holes

,----[ Quote]
`----

http://www.blogpirate.org/2008/12/31/leaked-windows-7-beta-includes-free-security-holes/