Re: 55746 posts to COLA? And Schestowitz is NOT being Paid?

After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On Jan 15, 7:18 am, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
>>   this bit o' wisdom:

>> > Quack says there are no posts of him saying Linux sucks. Take a look at
>> > the "Why Linux sucks at being user friendly" thread, where Quack openly
>> > supports the Zeke troll.
>> > Oh, he doesn't actually *say* it, but it's clear he supports the subject.
>> > Well, what else would you expect from a M$ fanboi.
>>
>> Like DFS, Hadron tries to weasel out of the truth with pedantic wording.
>
> Like some people weaseling out of the truth that they didn't say
> "Linux is perfect" with pedantic wording?

Nope, not at all.

> Of course Peter Koehlmann
> actually did say it outright, but that's another story.

Hint:  Expressing joy about Linux in COLA is normal.

> Although I
> didn't read the thread and don't plan to, so maybe this comment is
> totally wrong, but saying "Linux sucks at being user friendly" is
> entirely different from saying "Linux sucks", and not in a pedantic
> way. There might be better examples out there, but hanging onto this
> one won't cut it.

Well, the problem is that there are many nuances, and "correct" opinions
span the gamut of situations.

Even so, how you express your opinion of problems is important.

A decent Linux advocate can get away with saying "audio editing on Linux is
not as complete as on Windows".

Not even a decent Linux advocate can get away with saying "Linux sucks".
And, when it is an insulting, prevaricating anonymous poltroon?
Forgeddaboutit.

By the way, not to <cough> suck up to you, but you're not one of /those/.

--
Schapiro's Explanation:
	The grass is always greener on the other side -- but that's