Re: XP just wonâ?Tt die

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:34:47 -0600, Sermo Malifer wrote:

> "Hadron" <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Sermo Malifer <sermomalifer@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> I did.   Caldera was a snap.  GUI installer, and a free version of
>>> Partition Magic.

>>> Why not?
>>
>> If you do not know then it's a waste of time discussing it now.
>
> IOW you have no real answer.   Because you say so means nothing.
>
>> Hint :
>> it's only about ready NOW.
>
> No, it's been ready for at least 12 years.
>
>> And even then a lot of apps people use daily relying on MS Office
>> scripting will not work.
>
> The world does not run on MS Office scripting.

>>> What's a "bespoke application?"  What gives you the right to judge what
>>> others know and don't know?
>>
>> Experience and working in industry.
>
> You're not the only one who has those things.
>
>> The fact you dont know what a
>> bespoke app is says enough.
>
> It's saying all bad stuff about you.

>>> I disagree, but that's a moot point.
>>
>> Yes you do, because you clearly have no clue about how the desktop is
>> used in corporations.
>
> Disagreement with your opinions does not indicate a lack of knowledge on
> my part.

>>> IBM, Oracle, and Novell say it's ready.   Which companies say it isn't?
>>
>> None of them use it themselves. Well, Novell might.
>
> IOW, you really don't know what you're talking about.

In 2004 IBM said they were moving to Linux desktops, & would have Linux
desktops deployed before the end of 2005.
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/089/1041089/internal-memo-confirms-ibm-move-to-linux-desktop

In 2006, IBM announced that the contract with M$ had been *cancelled*, &
that in July 2006, IBM employees would begin using IBM Workplace on their
new, Red Hat-based platform.

The Hadron Quack troll wrong *again*

Amazon.com are another large company using Linux.