Re: Windows 7: back to the 1990's

Verily I say unto thee, that Megabyte spake thusly:
> "ml2mst" <ml2mstREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> Vista 7 is butt ugly.
>>

> You guys are full of

*PLONK*

Oh well, it seems I really was wrong about "Megabyte" after all. He /is/
just a Microsoft shill. I should have expected as much during the run-up
to the Vole's next "Buzz Marketing" campaign. If "Megabyte's" concept of
"balance" is arbitrarily declaring other's purely subjective opinions to
be somehow "wrong" (how can one's personal taste be "wrong"?), then he's
clearly about as "balanced" as DFS (frothing defender of all that is not
Free or in any way virtuous). But as if that weren't bad enough, he then
launches into what reads like commercial advertising for the Vole's Next
Big Thing®, which is actually little more than a service pack for Vista,
and waxes lyrical about how this unreleased beta product will supposedly
be some magic panacea which cures Windows' innumerable flaws - again ...
just like every previous incarnation of Windows was supposed to.

Quite why anyone should care whether or not Microsoft succeeds in any of
its various undertakings (to put it diplomatically) I'm not really sure,
other than the natural concern that it doesn't abuse its monopoly, as it
has a propensity to do. The fact that "Megabyte" clearly does care about
the success of the Vole's commercial products, seems to be a fairly good
indication that he has a vested interest in doing so, something which is
further supported by the fact that he's posting his commercial Microsoft
spam in the Linux Advocacy group.

Engaging him in any further discussion therefore has no purpose - except
to propagate the "Buzz" he's undoubtedly being paid to spread. "Balance"
is one thing, but what "Megabyte" is doing is not "balance", it's merely
deceptive advertising ("Buzz Marketing") for Microsoft's next cash cow.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 14:30:32 up 67 days, 22:13,  5 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.05, 0.05