Re: Windows 7: back to the 1990's

Megabyte wrote:

< snip >

> You guys are full of it!  I've installed Windows 7 Beta 1 on 4 computers
> now and it is likely the best version of Windows I have ever worked with
> having
> used every version with the exception of version 2 and Me.  The Taskbar
> is extremely functional and you can call it ugly if you wish but in my
> opinion
> it looks great.  You can have small or medium sized icons displayed on
> the taskbar so if it is the larger icons you dislike it is a simple
> checkbox to change to the former size.

Oh, you mean they got around to implement (poorly) features which were
available in KDE since years?

> The taskbar contains your commonly used programs and acts as both a quick
> launch bar as well as identifying the active programs using transparent
> effects.  In addition, if you are downloading in a browser or in your
> mail
> client the transparent effect in the taskbar shows the progress.

Again, this is something which KDE did *years* ago

> This
> taskbar rocks and will provide definite productivity gains.  It took me
> about 10 minutes to adjust to it and it is without a doubt the best
> designed taskbar I have seen or used.

That is because you have never seen a linux desktop in all your life

> Boot times, performance and shut down times are all dramatically improved
> and we are talking on loaded systems.  Windows 7 easily performs as well
> as
> XP or Ubuntu on the HP 2133 Mini-Note.  In fact I would say it is now a
> real
> pleasure to use.  For a beta 1 version it seems rock solid and while I've
> noted very few program incompatibilities there are a few (Skype at
> present
> although Skype 4 is in beta).  I'm the first to admit that Vista looked
> great but performed terribly, Windows 7 corrects that big time.  Stay
> tuned because once people start using Windows 7 I think it will
> eventually become
> more popular than XP.

Certainly. After MS has forced everyone off XP by not providing it any
longer

> I have been critical of Microsoft at times in the
> past but my hat goes off to Microsoft with Windows 7, it is a fantastic
> operating system, performs well, and is likely to be my sole operating
> system for the foreseeable future.

Good. In that case you are certainly leaving COLA, as you have no reason to
be here any longer

> You can slam it here because it is
> made by Microsoft but watch the market when Windows 7 is released,
> Windows 7 is going to be a huge success.

Yes, yes.
Just like Vista was.
--
Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.