[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux on Television, Interview with GNOME Director

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 1237

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #123 for the weeks December
| 21st, 2008 - January 3rd, 2009. In this issue we cover: Notification,
| indicators and alerts, Making LoCo Teams Rock, Planet Ubuntu and Corporate
| Blogs, Ubuntu live on TV, Ubuntu Berlin review of 2008, Tunisian Team Events
| in December, 12 days of Launchpad, Full Circle Magazine #20, Meeting
| Summaries, and much, much more!
|
| [...]
|
| Milo Casagrande has posted that there would be an interview with Fabio
| Marzocca on the local Rome TV channel, RomaUno. The interview, in Italian, is
| about Ubuntu and the Italian community.[1]
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue123

Interview with Stormy Peters - GNOME Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| In this interview we talk with Stormy. In specific, we talk about:
|
|     * History and scope of the GNOME umbrella project
|     * The relationship between GNOME and the public
|     * Branding an open source project in a world of mixed solutions
|     * Competition and collaboration between open source projects and other
|       software
|     * Enhancing communication between developers and non-technical users
|     * Individual versus collective contribution to product development
|     * Client-side Linux and the rise of mobile devices
|     * Emerging relationships between device manufacturers, carriers, and
|       users
`----

http://howsoftwareisbuilt.com/2009/01/05/interview-with-stormy-peters-gnome-foundation/

Recent:

A Storm In The Computing World: Stormy Peters

,----[ Quote ]
| The entity behind one of the most popular desktop interface, GNOME Foundation
| is doing the right thing at the right time. The foundation has hired Stormy
| Peters as the executive director. We reached out to Stormy and conducted an
| e-mailed interview to understand how is she planning to take the computing
| world by 'storm'. Here is the complete interaction with Stormy.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/27615/news.htm

Stormy Peters about Marketing GNOME

,----[ Quote ]