[News] Claimed Leaked Pictures of Chrome OS (Linux Looking Good)

Are these the first images of Google Chrome OS?

,----[ Quote ]
| An anonymous tipster sent the following images to us this morning, claiming
| they are actual images of Chrome OS. We can't say much for certain at this
| point, so pass judgment yourselves in the comments.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/07/30/are-these-the-first-images-of-google-chrome-os/

Authentic?

Recent:

CHROME OS – First look?

,----[ Quote ]
| I wonder if Google will disguise their OS, put it on specs of their choosing
| and “test” members of the public? I wouldn’t have thought so, Google has
| a “clean slate” when it comes to OS’s.
|
| This could be the making of Google as an OS developer, but whatever it turns
| out to be, its another choice for users and that can only be a good thing.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/chrome-os-first-look/

[Wild Conjecture] Chrome OS as I imagine it

,----[ Quote ]
| Myself, I don’t think I’d use it either, I’m too much in love with my KDE
| setup right now. But it was just technically stimulating to try to visualize
| how the PhDs in Google would strategize something like this.
`----

http://envb.sapphirewillow.com/writings/2009/07/wild-conjecture-chrome-os-as-i-imagine-it/

The Android OS comes to the PC

,----[ Quote ]