[News] Ubuntu Newsletter, Programs, Fascinating Ideas

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 152

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #152 for the week July 19th -
| July 25th, 2009. In this issue we cover: Karmic Alpha 3 released, Launchpad
| is now open source, Ubuntu-US-NY is now an approved Ubuntu LoCo team,
| Focusing on the Launchpad UI, Answer contact can assign questions,
| Automatically import files to Launchpad using product release finder, Ubuntu
| Forums tutorial of the week, Kubuntu Translation Days, Ubuntu Podcast #31,
| and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue152

Top 25 Ubuntu Programs

,----[ Quote ]
| I am using Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope Netbook-Remix, but these programs
| shoudl be platform independent. I will go with the pre-set menus that Ubuntu
| gives us all.
`----

http://www.examiner.com/x-18153-Knoxville-Technology-Examiner~y2009m7d26-Top-25Ubuntu-Programs

Ubuntu Desktop: Contacts as Indexed Files

,----[ Quote ]
| To index progressively the changes as they happen, we should use inotify,
| this would then pass off the management process to the immediate computer run
| time. Threaded obviously.
`----

http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/ubuntu-desktop-contacts-as-indexed-files/

Recent:

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 147

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue 147 for the week June 15th -
| June 21st, 2009. In this issue we cover Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase
| competition, 3 New Members of the Americas Region Membership Board, Bootchart
| testing for UNR, Empathy to replace Pidgin in Karmic Koala, Ubuntu Global Jam
| 2nd - 4th October 2009, New freenode webchat (and why to use it), Ubuntu
| Stats, In the Press & Blogosphere, Upcoming Meetings & Events, Updates &
| Security, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue147

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 138

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #138 for the week April 12th -
| April 18th, 2009. In this issue we cover: Announcing Ubuntu 9.04 RC,
| Announcing Ubuntu 9.04 RC for ARM, Packaging Training Session Update,
| Announcing Ubuntu Open Week, New Ubuntu Members, Japanese Team release party,
| Philippine Ubuntu Release Party, Launchpod #18, Karma: Where did mine go,
| Ubuntu Forums Interview: Codename, Jorge Castro: Support your LoCo economy,
| Sayak Banerjee: KDE Brainstorm - 30 Days, 700 ideas, Ubuntu-UK podcast: The
| Waking Ally, Systerm76: Ubuntu PC Maker's revenue up 61 Percent, Open-source
| server distro that builds on Ubuntu, Server Meeting Minutes: April 14th, and
| much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue138

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter #137