Re: [News] Russian Serious With Action Against Convicted Monopolist Microsoft

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Press-release of 21.07.2009
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | On 15th July 2009, the Commission of the Federal Antimonopoly Service
> | (FAS Russia) began proceedings in a case against «???r Inc.», «ASUSTeK
> | violating the antimonopoly legislation. In accordance with the
> | Determination of 20th July 2009, the FAS Russia's Commission,
> | investigating the case, suspended the case until receiving additional
> | evidence. The case will continue on 10th September 2009.
> `----
>
> http://www.fas.gov.ru/english/news/n_25502.shtml

Lets hope throttling Linux sales lands all these micoshaft stooges in
front of the courts.

And their rulings and evidence taken and applied wider like EU and the
rest of the world.

Micoshaft really knows how to get their pals in deep shih.

> - From Russia with Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Be sure Microsoft will put up a fight, because it will:
> |
> |    1. Make clear to the customer what he pays for and how much he pays
> |    for
> |       it;
> |    2. Make it virtually impossible to impose its terms to hardware
> |        manufacturers;
> |    3. Give customers a real alternative, backed by a major company;
> |    4. Expose the vulnerability of its business model in the 21st century
> |       the shareholders in a way that cannot be misunderstood;
> |    5. Create a dangerous precedent - if here, why not in the US?
> `----
>
> http://thebeezspeaks.blogspot.com/2009/07/from-russia-with-linux.html
>

> Recent:
>
> Russia launches antitrust probe of Microsoft
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Russia's state anti-monopoly service launched a probe of Microsoft Corp
> | over cutbacks in supplies of the Windows XP operating system in Russia,
> | it said on Thursday.
> |
> | The agency said it thought Microsoft had violated antimonopoly
> | legislation by cutting delivery of Windows XP to Russia both separately
> | and pre-installed on personal computers, as well as in its pricing
> | policy on the product.
> `----
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE55358020090604
>

> Related:
>
> Russia now considers Microsoft a monopoly
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/642/1051642
russia-considers-microsoft-monopoly

> Microsoft To Officially Become a Monopoly in Russia
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Yesterday Russian anti-monopoly authorities informed us about the fact
> | that they intend to officially include Microsoft in the register of
> | monopolies doing business in the country.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | In this manner the company will be monitored to see if it uses prices
> | that are unreasonably high or unreasonably low and prevent competition
> | in the market.
> `----
>
> http://profy.com/2009/04/02/microsoft-officially-monopoly-in-russia/
>

> Medvedev Confirms Free Software Support
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | [via Google Translate: President of the Russian Federation as outlined
> | [its
> | position on free software: «Another issue - this is information
> | technology in the social sphere. We actually tried to do so as part of a
> | national project. Probably something that succeeded, but for now this is
> | just the beginning. We must consider that the next move - to the
> | domestic free software. I dealt with this topic, the results we have, we
> | have already prepared their programs, which allow to create, in essence,
> | a product is qualitative, based on free software, but is already tied to
> | our realities ».]
> `----
>
> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/02
medvedev-confirms-free-software-for.html

> Company ALT Linux has released a new server distro for schools
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The set of products developed by ALT Linux in the school project, added
> | a new distribution, released under the title "School Server 4.1 and
> | based on code-based server distribution for small and medium-sized
> | businesses - ALT Linux Office Server, adapted for the educational
> | institutions. ???????????? ????? ????? ?????? 670 ?? ? ????????????????
> | ????????. Set the image size is 670 MB and is distributed freely.
> `----
>
> http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F
2Fwww.opennet.ru%2Fopennews%2Fart.shtml%3Fnum
3D20399&sl=auto&tl=en&history_state0=

> Russian Federation Commits to Open Source
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Open source software development in Russia is one of the most important
> | directives for Igor Schegolev - the Head of the Ministry of Information
> | Technologies and Communications of the Russian Federation. At a key
> | meeting with Werner Knoblich, Red Hat Vice President for EMEA, he
> | announced support for a Russian Fedora association and for Red Hat
> | development in the Russian Federation. He also expressed support for
> | open source infrastructure and applications, and the development of a
> | repository for industry best practice.
> `----
>
> http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/02/prweb1981634.htm
>

> Russia To Develop a National Operating System
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "According to Russian media, the Russian Government is going to develop
> | a National Operating System (Google translation; Russian original) to
> | lower its dependencies on foreign software technology licensing. The
> | Russian plan will base its efforts on Linux and expects a worldwide
> | impact. Microsoft is also involved in the roundtable process that led to
> | the recommendation. The Chinese government successfully lowered its
> | Microsoft licensing costs through an early investment in a national
> | Linux distribution. I wonder if other large markets, such as the
> | European Union, will also develop their own Linux distributions or join
> | in the Russian initiative."
> `----
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09%2F01%2F23%2F1450224&from=rss
>

> ALT Linux 4.1.1 Desktop Released
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Alexey Rusakov announced on January 14th the immediate availability of
> | the desktop edition of ALT Linux 4.1.1 DVD, a general purpose GNU/Linux
> | distribution designed to be used on workstations, laptops and netbooks.
> | Besides the usual bug fixes and improvements, ALT Linux 4.1.1's most
> | important feature is the inclusion of an installation DVD ISO image with
> | English as the default language. "ALT Linux proudly presents a new
> | release of our desktop distribution, ALT Linux 4.1.1 Desktop. [...] We
> | also released a separate DVD with English as the default language so
> | that you don't need to crawl through cryptic Russian letters on early
> | steps. Happy using!" - Alexey Rusakov said in the official release
> | announcement.
> `----
>
> http://news.softpedia.com/news
ALT-Linux-4-1-1-Desktop-Released-102103.shtml

> Russia to create "National OS" Based on GNU/Linux?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Although the proposal is still in its early stages, the attractiveness
> | of the proprosal to a government keen to assert its independence at all
> | levels is obvious. It will be interesting to see how this develops.
> `----
>
> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/01
russia-to-create-national-os-based-on.html