[News] BitTorrent Servers Run Ubuntu Sometimes

BitTorrent Behind the Scenes: BTjunkie [runs Ubuntu Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| Millions of people use torrent sites every day, but little is known about the
| people who operate these traffic moguls. This summer TorrentFreak will
| feature the workstations and offices belonging to some of the leading figures
| in the BitTorrent community, starting with the founder of BTjunkie.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-behind-the-scenes-btjunkie-090725/

Recent:

Asus Uses BitTorrent to Boost Software Downloads

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus, one of the leading computer product manufacturers, has recently started
| to offer BitTorrent powered downloads to its customers. With BitTorrent the
| company says it can speed up downloads and get software to its customers in
| less time.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/asus-uses-bittorrent-to-boost-downloads-090720/

BBC Gets Ready for BitTorrent Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Today the BBC published the first episode of R&DTV, a Creative Commons
| licensed show that users are allowed to remix, redistribute and share. The
| first episode of the monthly technology show features Digg’s Kevin Rose,
| among others. The BBC hopes to use BitTorrent for the distribution of future
| episodes.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/bbc-gets-ready-for-bittorrent-distribution-090409/

EU Invests $22 Million in Next-Generation BitTorrent Client

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks ago we reported that the EU Greens launched a pro-filesharing
| campaign named “I Wouldn’t Steal”. In a continued effort to support the
| development of P2P technology, the European Union has now invested $22
| million in the development of an open-source BitTorrent client.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/eu-invests-22-million-in-next-generation-bittorrent-client/

SXSW 2009 on BitTorrent: 6 GB of Free Music

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/sxsw-2009-on-bittorrent-6-gb-of-free-music-090312/