[News] Impressions of Ubuntu for Sub-notebooks and Moblin 2.0 Beta

Ubuntu for Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| I did a fair amount of research this month on netbooks, and ended up choosing
| the Toshiba NB200 (or NB205 as it is in the US) as what I thought was the
| best option currently. I read quite a few reviews online, and paid attention
| to the reviews comparing among netbooks the real world issues that aren’t
| often covered by comparing specs. Each computer maker seems to have a netbook
| now trying to corner the market, and they’re almost all the same hardware it
| seems. But good notebook review sites measure practical concerns like screen
| brightness outdoors, contrast, heat, fan noise, keyboard feel, and actual
| battery life.
`----

http://ubuntuguru.wordpress.com/2009/07/23/ubuntu-for-netbooks/

Moblin 2.0 Beta Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
|     * Boot is insanely quick. BIOS appears to take longer to come up.
|     * Alpha software, not Beta. Crashes a lot. Functionality doesn't
|     consistently work.
|     * Reworked UI hints at amazing amount of promise. So many interesting new
|     possibilities. So many of which are yet unrealized.
`----

http://climbing-the-hill.blogspot.com/2009/07/moblin-20-beta-impressions.html

Recent:

Researcher: Chrome to boost Atom to ARM switch in netbooks

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=218500011