[News] Google's Linux Passes to Devices

Android to invade in-home gadgets during 2009?

,----[ Quote ]
| Gadget manufacturers will launch a range of Android-based devices for use in
| and around the home this year, according to a touchscreen gadget company.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/07/24/android_touch_revolution/

Google's Android To Invade Homes

,----[ Quote ]
| In a sign that Google's Android mobile platform has a future far beyond
| cellphones, San Francisco-based start-up Touch Revolution says a string of
| well-known companies will introduce a range of Android-powered household
| gadgets before the end of the year.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/22/google-android-homes-technology-wireless-google.html

Recent:

The OESF: Quietly Working to Get Android On New Hardware Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Miura tells EETimes that the CEATEC show will include displays with prototype
| Android set tops, developed by Motorola for KDDI, a Japanese
| telecommunication service provider. He also confirms that the OESF is
| launching several working groups, including ones focused on: set-top boxes;
| VOIP; network and security; measurement and control; system core; application
| and services; and marketing and education.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/the-oesf-quietly-working-to-get-android-on-new-hardware-devices

Google Android Running On Eee PC 701 Tutorial

,----[ Quote ]
| We all know that the Google Android operating system was specially developed
| to run on cell phones, but that doesn't mean that we cannot tweak it to run
| on netbooks as well.
`----

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2009/01/google_android_running_on_eee_pc_701_tutorial.html

Android Spreading Out to Netbooks, and E-Ink Devices

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/android-spreading-out-to-netbooks-and-e-ink-devices