[News] BitTorrent is Good, Legitimate for Particular Purposes

Asus Uses BitTorrent to Boost Software Downloads

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus, one of the leading computer product manufacturers, has recently started
| to offer BitTorrent powered downloads to its customers. With BitTorrent the
| company says it can speed up downloads and get software to its customers in
| less time.

3 Strikes To Be Administered By Post Office Subsidiary

,----[ Quote ]
| The now infamous 3 strikes model championed by France’s Nicholas Sarkozy was
| recently rejected by the country’s highest legal authority. With amendments
| the plan is back and the latest news is that a subsidiary of the post office
| will administer the scheme. Lawmakers will today start debating the modified
| bill.

BBC Gets Ready for BitTorrent Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Today the BBC published the first episode of R&DTV, a Creative Commons
| licensed show that users are allowed to remix, redistribute and share. The
| first episode of the monthly technology show features Digg’s Kevin Rose,
| among others. The BBC hopes to use BitTorrent for the distribution of future
| episodes.

EU Invests $22 Million in Next-Generation BitTorrent Client

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks ago we reported that the EU Greens launched a pro-filesharing
| campaign named “I Wouldn’t Steal”. In a continued effort to support the
| development of P2P technology, the European Union has now invested $22
| million in the development of an open-source BitTorrent client.

SXSW 2009 on BitTorrent: 6 GB of Free Music

,----[ Quote ]