Re: [News] More Games Ported to GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

,----[ Quote ]
| S2 Games may not be as well known as id Software or Epic Games, but what | distinguishes them from most of the other game companies is that they | actually support Linux. With S2 Games' Savage 2, for example they provide a | Linux-native game client. S2 Games is hard at work on another title, Heroes | of Newerth, and that too will be supported on Linux. In fact, it's already | running on Linux and Linux gamers will likely find a native client binary | around the time of the game's release on Windows (read: it won't be released | months or years later, like what we frequently find with Linux ported | titles). Sound pretty great, but too impatient to wait for the game's | release? Well, come play it with us right now! And for free! `----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzM5Nw

Savage 2 runs on Windows and Linux, not Mac:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_2

Hack and Slash and lose your computer while you’re at it!

http://www.ogmaciel.com/?p=724

Recent:

Phoronix Thread Leads To New Linux Game Ports

,----[ Quote ]
| Svartalf, a member of the Phoronix Forums and developer for Linux Game
| Publishing, recently asked our readers on the forums to provide a wish-list
| of games they wished to see ported to Linux. There ended up being an
| outpouring of interested Linux gamers with more than 1,120 replies! Svartalf
| shared that "[the] effort that actually did much more than I'd hoped for"
| and "as it stands, we've got one on contract (stalled though...) and one
| complete game as a result of this thread."
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzI5Nw

Unreal Tournament 3 Running On Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Next to the screenshots he says "Seriously, there's no conspiracy...so stop
| sending me email suggesting that Microsoft is paying to block this." These
| screenshots were made available on his blog last night. With Ryan finally
| talking about Unreal Tournament 3 now, it looks like the long-awaited Linux
| (and Mac OS X) client release may be imminent.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjcyOQ

UT3 runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Xbox360, PS3, and Linux.