[News] Pardus Linux Dissected for Unique Tools

Interesting things I saw at GCDS: Pardus Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This year at GCDS I had the pleasure of meeting Gökmen and Gökçen
| (pronounced “Gerkman” and “Gerkchan” with hard Gees not Jays). They are part
| of a relatively small team of around 15 developers who are sponsored by the
| Turkish government work on a Turkish Linux distribution called Pardus. It is
| a KDE focused distribution which has been around since the end of 2005. What
| makes this distribution so interesting is the system tools and configuration
| tools which they've developed based heavily on Python, PyQt and PyKDE.
|
| Here is a run down on the custom tools that I'm aware of and my impression
| thereof. I'm getting most of this information from the document “Python in
| Pardus” [1], my discussions with G & G, and what I've seen from playing a bit
| with the current RC2 inside Virtual Box.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4022

Recent:

Distro Hoppin`: Pardus Linux 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| The fact that Pardus made me actually enjoy using KDE 4 is by itself an
| indication of the overall quality of this operating system. It's easy to
| install, easy to configure, 100% up-to-date and more importantly, very
| stable. I've used many distributions that shipped with ages-old software "for
| improved stability" that performed much worse than Pardus. Hopefully, the
| future will bring a bigger software repository and maybe support for other
| desktop environments.
|
| Turkey, you've got yourself one of the finest OSes out there!
`----

http://www.itlure.com/2009/07/distro-hoppin-pardus-linux-2009.html

Review: Pardus 2008.2

,----[ Quote ]