[News] Music Players and Video Editor for GNU/Linux Reviewed

Amarok 2.1 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The enhanced plasmoid feature in the 2.1 version shows the favorite and
| current track ad unlike the earlier versions the plasmoids are united into a
| single folder and lets you choose or switch with the new taskbar provided in
| the lower central window.
|
| A new services plasmoid is another addition.
| Both manual and automatic bookmarking is enabled in the amarok 2.1 version.
| The player automatically bookmarks a track played continuously for more than
| 10 minutes and resumes playing from the position when back.
`----

http://osrevolution.com/os-software/amarok-2-1-review

Songbird vs. Amarok: How not to design a GUI

,----[ Quote ]
| In Songbird the playlist dominates the window by default. This is good
| because seeing a list of music is what I want. It's the whole point of a
| music player.
`----

http://briancarper.net/blog/songbird-vs-amarok-how-not-to-design-a-gui

The LiVES Video Editor and VJ Tool Turns 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Plans for the future include: subtitle support, effect masks, simplified task
| support, more plugins, instant opening for more file types, audio streaming,
| more audio effects, support for more "plugable" frame sources, such as
| gstreamer and MLT, an on screen display, and much more.
|
| And of course, now that 1.0 is here, I might start looking at other video
| editors and VJ tools - with the aim of emulating what they do, only better!
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/lives-video-editor-and-vj-tool-turns-10

Recent:

Amarok 2.2 development, one week in