Re: [News] Microsoft Patents "Butt Hinge with Butt Straps"

  this bit o' wisdom:

> Why would Microsoft patent a 'butt hinge with butt straps'?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| You can look for yourself in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office database:
>| Patent No. 5,819,372; inventor: Robert D. Magoon, Duluth, Ga.; assignee:
>| Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Wash.
>|
>| I asked Microsoft's public relations department at the time but they were
>| unable to assist.
>|
>| Then life moved on.
> `----
>
> http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/43636

   The patent was originally (and still is) owned by Kawneer Company. When
   the patent was originally made, the patent office accidently registered
   the "butt hinge with butt straps" to Microsoft instead of Kawneer. The
   error was quickly fixed, and the patent is now owned by Kawneer.
   Microsoft never actually owned the rights to the patent.

Dammit Roy, you made me look at that crap!

--
Let him choose out of my files, his projects to accomplish.
		-- Shakespeare, "Coriolanus"