Re: [News] Pardus GNU/Linux 2009 *not* Called "Fantastic"

Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 09:43:38 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message

>>> Pardus 2009 Looks Fantastic
>>>
>>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=123162
>>>
>>> Like its parent, Mandriva, it is excellent.

It is NOT an Mandriva clone - pure FUD

>> They didn't call Pardus "Fantastic"... they said it "looks"
fantastic.
>> Have someone with an IQ explain the difference to you.
>>
>> Interesting how they don't talk about the problems with
audio or wireless
>> networking or printing issues. All they talk about is how
"pretty" it
>> looks
>
> They probably couldn't keep it running long enough to test
out
> things like audio, wireless or printing.

Audio, wireless and printing all work flawlessly on my
hardware, my wife's hardware and a Acer laptop.

>> <quote>
>> Before using Pardus, I had read in the Pardus release
announcement that
>> the Pardus had been "improved graphically in every part of
the
>> distribution". It takes about 3 seconds to realize this as
you put in the
>> Pardus CD and immediately notice splash screens that have
been updated
>> from bootloader to login screen. The color/logo scheme
carries on through
>> the distro and provides a very pleasant experience. I also
thought the
>> KDE 4.2 desktop look and basic behavior was fantastic on
Pardus.
>> </quote>
>
> All fluff and no stuff.....

It is the best Linux operating system I have used. It is NOT a
Mandriva clone, and the reason it is low in the Distrowatch
charts is that users think because it is from Turkey, it is
just for Turkish people, which is utter rubbish, and the FUD
spouted by people who have never even seen the bloody system.
Why don't you download it and try it before mocking it?

Because you're scared that it may actually be good?

I can't understand people like you that keep on spouting this
crap without even having the slightest clue about what the
subject of your derision is.

TRY THE DAMN THING, ELSE KEEP QUIET.