[News] Pardus GNU/Linux 2009 Called "Fantastic"

Pardus 2009 Looks Fantastic

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=123162

Like its parent, Mandriva, it is excellent.

Why people don't test development distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| Development distributions play a crucial role in the free software ecosystem.
| They are the proving ground where much new software is first exposed to a
| wider user community; they are also the place where this software
| demonstrates how well it plays with other packages. Distributors would like
| to see wider testing of their development releases, but, as your editor's
| recent experience shows, there are limits to how wide this testing community
| can be expected to be.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/340121/

Recent:

Review: Pardus 2008.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I HAVE written several articles about Pardus GNU/Linux since it first
| appeared on the Linux/Open Source scene in 2005, but in one report to
| coincide with the release of version 2007.3, I wrote the following
| introduction.  "Do you know what I love so much about Linux?  It's the
| feeling you get when you stumble upon a distribution that's pure computing
| gold."
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=528

The Turkish Pardus Linux Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Pardus provides a very important public good to be used by the whole FLOSS
| community, in Turkey and abroad. The Pardus GNU/Linux operating system is
| being deployed and used in many government and other public services
| including the Turkish military and defense sector, in radio and
| telecommunication, health and education, as well as private vendors. The use
| of Pardus in all these sectors and institutions will save several millions of
| Euro in taxpayers' money.
`----

http://www.epractice.eu/cases/3006

Review: Pardus Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I wonder why Pardus is such an unknown distribution. It is easy to install,
| has a great configuration center, and a good package management system with
| plenty of packages to fulfill most peoples needs. The people behind Pardus
| have spent a lot of time to create a distro that looks good and is stable. I
| believe my granny can work with Pardus without problems. No messing with
| config-files in any way, just install it and start working with it. I will
| continue to use Pardus and have advised others to give it a try.
|
| Good job, Pardus team!
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT3075127327.html

Pardus Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, though, working with Pardus has been a very pleasant surprise so
| far. A very auspicious start indeed.
`----

http://pl.atyp.us/wordpress/?p=1420

Pardus 2008 - Where were you?