[News] KDE Coverage from Gran Canaria Desktop Summit, Amarok Wants to Replace iTunes

  • Subject: [News] KDE Coverage from Gran Canaria Desktop Summit, Amarok Wants to Replace iTunes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 07:32:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gran Canaria Desktop Summit Review: Video of Plasma Netbook UI and Qt KDE Lab
in South America

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE team are to work closer with Kwin developers to reinforce the
| integration of the KDE window manager into the project. The announcement was
| made at the end of the joint Gnome and KDE Gran Canaria Desktop Summit that
| came to a close July 11.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Gran-Canaria-Desktop-Summit-Review-Video-of-Plasma-Netbook-UI-and-Qt-KDE-Lab-in-South-America

Amarok to Palm: "Forget Apple, Come to Us!"

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source project Amarok, in an open letter to Palm, has invited the
| company to work with them. The reason: the Apple iTunes 8.2.1 update
| guarantees that the Linux-based Palm Pre smartphone can no longer use the
| iTunes music management software.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Amarok-to-Palm-Forget-Apple-Come-to-Us!

Recent:

Day 2 at Gran Canaria Desktop Summit

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/07/day-2-gran-canaria-desktop-summit

Qt Labs America and Other Akademy Talks & Sessions

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/10/qt-labs-america-and-other-akademy-talks-sessions

KDE e.V. Elects New Board of Directors

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE e.V.'s Annual General Meeting was held today during the Gran Canaria
| Desktop Summit in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain. The KDE e.V. is the
| association that provides representation, support and governance to the KDE
| community. After former board member Klaas Freitag and KDE e.V. president
| Aaron Seigo stepped down and vice president Adriaan de Groot's term ended,
| three open positions had to be filled. Adriaan de Groot was re-elected as
| vice president of KDE e.V. and two new board members have been elected.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/07/kde-ev-elects-new-board-directors

Cooperation During the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit much cross-desktop work has been done. The
| days we have are being used for the Cross Desktop Tracks and during the talks
| there are KDE and Gnome developers mingling everywhere. Cross desktop
| sessions included bug triage, metadata sharing, instant messaging and sharing
| personal data cross-desktop with CouchDB. Read more about the results!
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/09/cooperation-during-gran-canaria-desktop-summit

Akademy Awards 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| The Akademy Awards for 2009 have been announced, celebrating the best of KDE
| contributors. As always the winners are chosen by the winners from the
| previous year. Read on for the winners.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/06/akademy-awards-2009

Gran Canaria Desktop Summit: KDE and Gnome Formulate Common Goals

,----[ Quote ]
| On the first day of the joint developer conference on Grand Canary,
| representatives of the desktop projects Gnome and KDE formulated common goals
| for their future development.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Gran-Canaria-Desktop-Summit-KDE-and-Gnome-Formulate-Common-Goals
http://tinyurl.com/lkf9jt

Gran Canaria Desktop Summit: Akonadi for the Integrated Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The Cross-Desktop Metadata track at this year's Gran Canaria Summit
| highlighted developer activity targeting central storage of contact data,
| email and other personal information.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Gran-Canaria-Desktop-Summit-Akonadi-for-the-Integrated-Desktop

Plasma in KDE 4.4