[News] [Rival] Guards of the Microsoft Monopoly Block Free Software

Go away and stop bothering us

http://scienceoftheinvisible.blogspot.com/2009/07/go-away-and-stop-bothering-us.html

And this:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/08/orange_and_ie6/

Good riddance to "Cancer on the Web":

YouTube Will Be Next To Kiss IE6 Support Goodbye

,----[ Quote ]
| Judging by this screenshot taken by an IE6 user who was watching some videos
| on YouTube, it appears the Google company will be phasing out support for the
| browser shortly. I don’t have Internet Explorer 6 installed on my computer,
| so I can’t verify this first hand, but illogical it seems not and a simple
| Twitter search shows multiple people confirming the news. Heck, some are even
| downright ecstatic over the news.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/14/youtube-will-be-next-to-kiss-ie6-support-goodbye/

Much Ado About IE6

,----[ Quote ]
| Should Digg block IE6?
|
| Currently, IE6 usage accounts for 10% of Digg visitors and 5% of page views
| on Digg. While this is down from 13% and 8% a year ago respectively, IE6
| still accounts for a fairly large portion of Digg usage. That said, a lot of
| time is spent by Digg engineers supporting site activity like diggs, buries,
| and comments in IE6, and while it accounts for 5% of site traffic, IE6
| accounts for only 1% of diggs, buries, and comments.
`----

http://blog.digg.com/?p=878

Recent:

How to beat AVG's fake traffic spew

,----[ Quote ]
| This has caused an enormous spike in traffic on sites across the web,
| including The Register, and many webmasters may not realize where these hits
| are coming from. Hoping to fool malware writers, LinkScanner mimics real live
| human clicks. At least in part.
|
| [...]
|
| To avoid confusion, we've updated this story to point out that webmasters are
| filtering traffic by identifying both the missing HTTP header and the IE6
| agent. It should also be noted that LinkScanner seems to be using two other
| user agents. But these are far less prevalent. At the moment, these are the
| three user agents the product seems to employ:
|
|     Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/02/linkscanner_fake_traffic_temporary_fix/

AVG disguises fake traffic as IE6

,----[ Quote ]