[News] New Interview with Ubuntu Icon Jono Bacon

Jono Bacon on the Value of Good Communities

,----[ Quote ]
| James Turner: Let's start by talking about what is your role at Canonical
| these days?
|
| Jono Bacon: Okay. So my role is the Ubuntu Community Manager at Canonical. My
| job is to encourage and to enable the global Ubuntu community to do good work
| that's productive and that they enjoy doing themselves. I have a team at
| Canonical; we work with many of the different aspects of the Ubuntu community
| across translations, development, packaging--all manner of different
| things--to help people to really make the most out of their contributions to
| Ubuntu.
`----

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/07/jono-bacon-on-the-value-of-goo.html

Recent:

Interview with Jono Bacon - Ubuntu Community Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| I believe that today Ubuntu plays a critical role in the Linux ecosystem,
| primarily in that Ubuntu is bring legions of new users and contributors over
| to the Open Source family. We have seen massive growth in the user community
| in recent years, and the continued growth of Ubuntu on netbooks is continuing
| to expose Linux to new users via Ubuntu. I feel that Ubuntu has been the much
| needed on-ramp to bring many who are totally unfamiliar with Linux into our
| world.
`----

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/interviews-28/interview-with-jono-bacon-ubuntu-community-manager-712635/

Talking Community With Ubuntu's Jono Bacon

,----[ Quote ]
| OStatic: What is next for the Ubuntu community? Where would you like to see
| it go in the future? Are there any outreach efforts or events that you'd
| especially like to see pushed to the next level?
|
| Bacon: We are only at the beginning of a long and exciting road. While I am
| proud of the progress we have made in the community so far, there is still
| much to do. Every community is like a growing organism: it reacts to stimulus
| and change in its environment and changes accordingly.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/talking-community-with-ubuntus-jono-bacon

Linux Outlaws 61 - Bono Jacon, You've Got Mail!

,----[ Quote ]
| This week, we have some Linux news as usual and we also interview Jono Bacon
| about his recent Severed Fifth album release, Ubuntu and also Free Software
| and Free Culture in general.
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/61

The Ubuntu Linux community gets its first (second?) rock star

,----[ Quote ]
| You would think that it's a hard enough job taking on Microsoft's desktop
| dominance. Ubuntu's community lead Jono Bacon, however, may actually have an
| even more audacious goal in mind: completely change the economics of the
| music industry.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10067545-16.html

More From the Open Source Music Garage