Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 11th of July, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 11th of July, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:01:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 1643 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     321 1255772     1%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       215  171854    62%
   3. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       104  172940    38%
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                        100  133157    24%
   5. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                     83   76721    58%
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    73   42660    61%
   7. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       66   70074    69%
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   55   91350    42%
   9. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          52   65801    73%
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      50   74001    78%
  11. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          35   22028    57%
  12. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          34   28340    60%
  13. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                              32   32637    85%
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@xxxxxxxx>               32   29974    76%
      Don Zeigler <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      32    6061    49%
  16. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  29   23758    68%
  17. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP   28   35586    79%
  18. Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                       27   21615    57%
      Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                  27   51154    45%
  20. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>              25   50672    65%
  21. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                   24   23787    12%
  22. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     19   19147    27%
  23. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>               17   19940    63%
  24. Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      15   23995    55%
      Tony Manco <trmanco@xxxxxx>                       15   13781    60%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          15   19465    74%
  27. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            11   70209    91%
      Gunnar Gren <Gunnar.Gren@xxxxxxxxxxx>             11    4083    58%
  29. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                9   31110    17%
  30. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>              8   14491    74%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Chrome OS -- really?                                     72   59479
   2. Fedora: my new distro of choice                          63   70209
   3. Vista, New and improved: KSOD replaces BSOD              47   56569
   4. The London Stock Exchange was running Windows            46   52338
   5. Who really didn't see this coming?                       40   37294
   6. [Rival] Ubuntu: brought to you by Microsoft              38   29336
   7. [News] Ubuntu sees no reason to remove MONO              32   33973
   8. Google Chrome: Naughty, naughty Guardian                 30   36078
   9. [News] Berlin Colleges Dumps Windows and Move to D       28   45223
      Disgusting                                               28   23320
  11. Was Billy Mays a Linux user?                             27   11523
  12. My filters are working overtime                          25   27100
  13. [News] Gentoo Turns 10                                   24   17376
      Powerpets, Inc. Head Office Switch to Ubuntu             24   25458
  15. The Chrome plot thickens                                 22   23264
      London Stock Exchange: network software caused out       22   29982
      Linus Torvalds on "single-issue people"                  22   33628
  18. Free MultiOS declared dead                               19   23335
      Richard M. Stallman Says "No" to Mono                    19   16367
  20. [News] Mac OS X Does Not Look Better Than GNU/Linu       18   38268
  21. The netbook belongs to Linux                             17   15708
      Poor trolls...                                           17    6688
      The Argument for Better Than                             17   20086
      'bout fsckin time!                                       17   17884
  25. [News] NL Consumers are entitled to a refund for W       16   36774
      FireFox 3.5 Privacy Mode                                 16   19276
  27. Mono developer uses f-word to abuse RMS                  14   13543
      Assus can't sell its windump overpriced EEEs             14   17736
      Netapplications.com                                      14   18217
  30. Review: Windopws 7 nowhere near Linux                    13   20671
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      105
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     41
   3. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    40
   4. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      38
   5. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        32
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     32
   7. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       31
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          27
   9. Don Zeigler <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     26
  10. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   22
  11. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         21
  12. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    17
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         17
  14. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                 16
      nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  16
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         16
  17. Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                      14
  18. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             12
  19. Tony Manco <trmanco@xxxxxx>                                      10
  20. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              9
  21. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@xxxxxxxx>                               7
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      7
  23. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  6
  24. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           5
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          5
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      5
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              5
  28. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             4
      wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                               4
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               4
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    144
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       86
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        85
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       83
   5. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  74
   6. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              72
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   72
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          71
      RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    71
  10. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    68
  11. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                 66
  12. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         65
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         65
  14. Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                      64
      Don Zeigler <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     64
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      64
  17. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 63
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     63
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         63
  20. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                              62
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@xxxxxxxx>                              62
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             62
      Gunnar Gren <Gunnar.Gren@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            62
  24. Tony Manco <trmanco@xxxxxx>                                      61
  25. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     60
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     60
  27. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             59
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         59
  29. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            57
  30. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           54
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           595
   2. slrn                                                            377
   3. Thunderbird                                                     326
   4. Pan                                                             104
   5. Forte Agent                                                      63
   6. G2/1.0                                                           57
   7. tin                                                              35
   8. XPN                                                              30
   9. Gnus                                                             29
  10. 40tude_Dialog                                                    17
  11. Microhard Lookout                                                15
  12. Mozilla                                                           4
  13. Xnews                                                             1
      MicroPlanet-Gravity                                               1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:01:23 up 43 days, 12:59,  4 users,  load average: 0.95, 0.41, 0.22