[News] London Permits 'Hacking' of Art

London To Host 'Music Hack Day'

,----[ Quote ]
| The inaugural Music Hack Day, an event for the international tech and digital
| music community, is to take place in London this weekend (July 11 to 12).
|
| Bringing together 200 delegates, the two-day event is believed to be the
| first 'hack' type event dedicated exclusively to the music industry. In this
| context, hackers are defined as those who use their expertise to explore the
| possibilities of open-source software rather than those infiltrating and
| damaging secure systems.
`----

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i42f2b2f43cf6c380e9d2c62a6dba9ffb

This is the ridiculous opposite:

Ruling for Salinger, Judge Bans ‘Rye’ Sequel

,----[ Quote ]
| In a victory for the reclusive writer J. D. Salinger, a federal judge on
| Wednesday indefinitely banned publication in the United States of a new book
| by a Swedish author that contains a 76-year-old version of Holden Caulfield,
| the protagonist of “The Catcher in the Rye.”
|
| The judge, Deborah A. Batts, of United States District Court in Manhattan,
| had granted a 10-day temporary restraining order last month against the
| author, Fredrik Colting, who wrote the new novel under the pen name J. D.
| California.
`----

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/01/judge-rules-for-salinger-in-copyright-suit/?hp

Related:

Does Hacking Closed Hardware Hinder Open Hardware?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2008/10/does-hacking-closed-hardware-h.html