[News] Reviews of KDE4 Applications: Gwenview 2.3 and Kdenlive

Review: Gwenview 2.3 - The Powerful KDE4 Image Viewer

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm sure most of (if not all) KDE users are familiar with Gwenview,
| especially since it became the default image viewer in KDE4. Gwenview is not
| only a powerful viewer for images, but also a basic image manipulation
| application, and with version 2.3 it allows even video previews. Although
| video support was available in 1.4 (which was for KDE3), it was missing in
| the KDE4 port of Gwenview, but with this new release shipping with the
| upcoming KDE 4.3, this feature is back.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/07/review-gwenview-23-powerful-kde4-image.html

Kdenlive: A Video Editor in the Spotlight

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the great things about Linux is that a single twenty minute install
| will not only give you a powerful operating system with all your hardware
| working out of the box, but also a great set of applications. As the quality
| of free/libre software gets better and better, the desktop as a whole becomes
| much more attractive.
|
| However, one major piece of software which has been missing for many years is
| a powerful video editing program. You know, the type of program that a user
| wants to use to create home movies from their digital video camera and the
| like. There are numerous projects out there, such as Kino and Cinelerra, but
| nothing to really rival the offerings available on other operating systems.
| It’s not that these Linux programs are not high quality, they are, they just
| lack the polish and ease of use that Apple’s commercial iMovie program does,
| for example. So while everyone ponders when the year of Linux desktop will
| be, others are busy working on another missing piece of the puzzle.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7413/1.html

Recent:

Gwenview, Nepomuk and rating

,----[ Quote ]
| Gwenview has always been file-system oriented, but with the advance of
| Nepomuk associating semantic information to your files is becoming more
| ubiquitous.
|
| I started adding support for Nepomuk in Gwenview since KDE 4.1. It still
| needs a lot of work, but it is becoming quite usable now. In this article I
| am going to present how you can easily rate your images in Gwenview.
`----

http://agateau.wordpress.com/2008/10/29/91/

Related:

KDE 4: Gwenview

,----[ Quote ]
| The default KDE image viewer has received quite some love from developers.
| The interface has change a lot, making it less cluttered, and there have been
| add some new little features.
`----

http://introducingkde4.blogspot.com/2007/12/gwenview.html

Gwenview II, the return