[News] KDE 4.4 Previews, New Features, and Gran Canaria Summit

Plasma in KDE 4.4

,----[ Quote ]
| Each release of Plasma over the 18 months since its debut release has marked
| an impressive step forward in its evolution. We are planning on making 4.4,
| our second anniversary release coming in January 2010, more of the same in
| that regard.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/07/plasma-in-kde-44.html

multihead

,----[ Quote ]
| I put in the first bits of code needed to make Plasma run properly in a
| multi-head environment where there's a different X server on each screen, as
| opposed to the more usual one-X-server-and-multiple-logical-screens.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/07/multihead.html

turning the page

,----[ Quote ]
| It's really important that we do more than simply release new KDE 4 packages
| twice a year: we need to follow through on our plans and take full advantage
| of the various Pillars of KDE in our applications.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/07/turning-page.html

Cooperation During the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit much cross-desktop work has been done. The
| days we have are being used for the Cross Desktop Tracks and during the talks
| there are KDE and Gnome developers mingling everywhere. Cross desktop
| sessions included bug triage, metadata sharing, instant messaging and sharing
| personal data cross-desktop with CouchDB. Read more about the results!
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/07/09/cooperation-during-gran-canaria-desktop-summit

Recent:

let's play a game!