Re: Richard M. Stallman Says "No" to Mono

High Plains Thumper wrote:
> Lusotec wrote:
>> *Some* people writing FOSS are using Mon and c# and those are
>> the ones that should care the most about this subject, even if
>> they don't see it as a problem.
>
> Given Microsoft's predatory practises to maintain its monopoly
> and neutralise the competition (Linux and FOSS among others), it
> is understandable.
> (...)
> Thus, I can understand why any embracement of Microsoft software
> technologies could result in extinguishment.

Microsoft's history should cause concern to anyone developing for the
Mono/.NET platform. Also, the shortcomings of .NET framework as a cross
platform framework (already debated in COLA) are also of concern for anyone
developing for Mono.

Any developer should have the freedom to use and develop for C#/Mono/CLI and
I don't agree with purposely making it difficult to install Mono (e.g.
removing it from the repositories) but developers should be made aware of
the potential future pitfall.

Regards.