Re: Richard M. Stallman Says "No" to Mono

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tony Manco belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Why free software shouldn't depend on Mono or C#
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The problem is not unique to Mono; any free implementation of C# would raise
>> | the same issue. The danger is that Microsoft is probably planning to force
>> | all free C# implementations underground some day using software patents. (See
>> | http://swpat.org and http://progfree.org.) This is a serious danger, and only
>> | fools would ignore it until the day it actually happens. We need to take
>> | precautions now to protect ourselves from this future danger.
>> |    . . .
>> | The problem is not in the C# implementations, but rather in Tomboy and other
>> | applications written in C#. If we lose the use of C#, we will lose them too.
>> | That doesn't make them unethical, but it means that writing them and using
>> | them is taking a gratuitous risk.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono
>>
>> (Last modified  2009-06-26 05:43 PM)
>
> At last, a decent non-biased "something about Mono" article.

We've gone over this kind of material quite awhile ago, but the trolls find
it easier to mischaracterize what most of us are saying, in order to
demonize us.

--
So she went into the garden to cut a cabbage leaf to make an apple pie;
and at the same time a great she-bear, coming up the street pops its head