[News] People Love Mandriva and Derivative PCLinuxOS

Five Desktop Linuxes Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course you can also use straight Mandriva Linux, and perhaps you should.
| At one time, Mandriva was a well-regarded and well-known Linux distribution
| but over the years it's dropped out of sight. It's time to check into it
| again.
`----

http://sherman-on-security.blogspot.com/2009/06/five-desktop-linuxes-systems.html

What Took You So Long?

,----[ Quote ]
| In my last blog post an anonymous reader asked a friendly question in the
| comments area, "What took you so long? PCLinuxOS isn't exactly a well kept
| secret..."
|
| How true!  I've popped that Live CD of PCLinuxOS in and out of my computer
| for a few years now.  I've known about it and I've played with it, but I've
| never really gone the final step of installing it...until now.  This time
| around, I gave it a good close look.  And I'm so happy I did!
`----

http://www.oneclicklinux.com/2009/06/what-took-you-so-long.html

Distro upgrading today

,----[ Quote ]
| I am really keen to see how far the Mandriva 2010.0 KDE 4.3 implementation
| has come along! Also, Mandriva has some of the best art work and default
| screen savers of any distribution - only Fedora gives it a run, but Mandriva
| beats it. Mandriva also runs circles around Fedora on the desktop, so playing
| with Mandriva Cooker as an experimental system is a no brainer - I do it at
| least monthly, but often more frequently than that.
`----

http://usalug-org.blogspot.com/2009/06/distro-upgrading-today.html

PCLinuxOS! Wow!

,----[ Quote ]
| The extras bonus in all this was the PCLinuxOS forum and community. A really
| terrific, friendly bunch of folks who are welcoming and ready to help! I had
| no problems correcting minor issues because i had the help and support of the
| PCLinuxOS forum.
`----

http://www.oneclicklinux.com/2009/06/pclinuxos-wow.html

Recent:

Good-Bye Ubuntu, Hello PCLinuxOS

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been spending the past few days migrating some of my home computers to
| PCLinuxOS. Not my studio computer which is going to run Fedora with the
| Planet CCRMA packages. I keep a current Ubuntu on my laptop just to stay
| up-to-date, and Debian powers the home server. Nobody is pushing Debian out
| of that spot; it's too important.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6775/1/

KDE 4 packages for PCLinuxOS Scheduled