[News] Good, Compelling Surveys of Applications for GNU/Linux

A Quick Look at Two Opensource File Encryption Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Upon my search, I found two different open source programs that hashes the
| key to 256 bits (2^256 different possibilities):
|
|     * ccrypt
|     * aescrypt
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2009/06/24/a-quick-look-at-two-opensource-file-encryption-software/

Top 10 Linux Backup and Recovery software

,----[ Quote ]
| After an extensive research, we explored the top 10 Linux backup and recovery
| software.
|
|     * afbackup
|     * Amanda
|     * Aconis
|     * Areca
|     * Backup Pc
|     * fwbackups
|     * SBAdmin
|     * Simple Backup
|     * Bacula
|     * BAR
`----

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/top-10-linux-backup-and-recovery-software/

Meiga: One of The Best Linux File Sharing Programs

,----[ Qote ]
| Sharing files on a network generally requires some amount of configuration,
| know-how and time. Things get even geekier when you have different machines
| running different operating systems. Damien showed you how to use Giver back
| in March. There is however, a simpler solution if you don’t want to go
| through all the steps of setting up a share. Enter Meiga.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/dead-simple-file-sharing-with-meiga-linux

chromium-bsu: fast paced, arcade-style, scrolling space shooter

http://debaday.debian.net/2009/06/24/chromium-bsu-fast-paced-arcade-style-scrolling-space-shooter/

Amazon mp3 store: Linux kudos

,----[ Quote ]
| Heh, just bought an mp3 album from Amazon (having discovered Synaesthesia on
| last.fm), and expected the usual "Linux? Sorry, is that Windows or Mac?"
`----

http://nuin.blogspot.com/2009/06/amazon-mp3-store-linux-kudos.html

         “Wine is a better Windows than Vista”

                        --David Gerard