Re: Any comments on Google forcing students to use their services, ?Roy?

cc <scatnubbs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fantastically irrelevant to Tim's post.

And tim's post wasn't irrelevant?
How in god's name does google force someone to use their services?
Do they pay the university for force all nameserver requests asking for
other search engines to respond with google's IP?

Do they use some form of proxy that forces every request to go through
google?

If it's a university that's added a requirement to use googledocs (or
whatever) for written work it's got nothing to do with google, it's the
university that has the policy.

(Not a bad one IMO either, if anyone has done that, it removes the need for
specific software, all you need is a web browser).
--
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxx,uk   | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"   |
|   Andrew Halliwell BSc   |                                                 |