[News] IBM & Google Push GNU/Linux at the Expense of Windows

IBM, Google to Poach on Microsoft's Territory

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM offers on-site systems than can run Windows or open-source Linux
| applications. Big Blue also offers hosted services, such as an Internet-based
| social network that helps companies link to their clients and partners.
`----

http://www.infostor.com/index/articles/display/2131538918/s-articles/s-infostor/s-nas/s-netgear-to_ship_24tb.html

- From where do you get Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| If you would rather shop from a place that is specialized in Linux computers,
| there are a few online retailers that can provide you with computers designed
| for Linux. In the US Zareason has an excellent reputation for its Ubuntu
| computers, they even sell them with special Ubuntu keyboards on which the
| Windows key has been replaced by an Ubuntu Logo. If you live in Europe you
| should check out UK based EfficientPC.co.uk : they have a decent selection of
| computer that can be provided with several flavors of Ubuntu or even dual
| booting with Windows. They ship in the whole EU and have decent shipping
| charges. Finally, Dell is selling some models of computers pre-installed with
| Ubuntu, but only in some countries. Their Linux page is sometimes hard to
| find though.
`----

http://windows2linux.tech-no-media.com/2009/06/where-do-you-get-linux-from.html

Recent:

IBM's new event stream

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM has announced the release of its own stream processing technology,
| InfoSphere Streams. Stream processing, a form of complex events processing
| (CEP), isn't new. IBM's entry is aimed at the high end of the market,
| encompassing a new stream processing language and engine, coupled with Red
| Hat Linux-based Intel clusters. InfoSphere Streams is intended to transform
| business intelligence (BI) from historical analysis to near-realtime
| predictive mode. Although currently too costly and complex for most
| enterprises, in the long run enterprises of all sizes will have need for
| predictive BI. The trick is for IBM and its rivals to package the technology
| into simpler, more digestible bundles that will ultimately expand the market
| in much the same way that online analytic processing (OLAP) was commoditized.
`----

http://www.ovum.com/news/euronews.asp?id=7919

Paragon Software Focuses on OEMs at Computex

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/node/980821/print

`----