Re: [News] GNU/Linux Suffers from Mono, Lobby for Removal from Live CD

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Is Linux Suffering From Mono?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "We do not need Mono or anything else connected to that other OS,"
> | blogger Robert Pogson told LinuxInsider via email. "Developers love
> | GNU/Linux, which is why they are migrating to it in droves."
> |
> | GNU/Linux was "designed and created by developers from all over the
> | planet and over many decades, stemming from UNIX," Pogson explained.
> | "There is nothing wrong with Mono except that it gives M$ more power
> | over GNU/Linux. Any corporation that threatens litigation over software
> | patents should be avoided like the plague."
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxinsider.com/story
Is-Linux-Suffering-From-Mono-67387.html?wlc=1245687960

> Remove F-Spot from the LiveCD
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Hello,
> |
> | We all know that it's as tight on the LiveCD as a metro during rush
> | hour. It's almost impossible to fit something else on it, most of the
> | times you'll have to sacrifice something for it.

Since CDs and DVDs are a limitation, one or more distros should take
the initiative to push for SDCard / USB stick versions of the Linux.

The idea is that you should boot with ext2 formatted SDCard and have
2Gb to 8Gb available. Unlimited space for modest fee of 10 pounds
for 8Gb card. It pushes the evelope beyond DVD.
It benefits the SDCard makers to push for it - its more
sales for them. It benefits Linux because a lot more features such
as developer tools and games (like Nexuiz) can be packed into one distro.
A second benefit is that you could carry your home directory in your SDCard.
It favours manufacturers like Asus to push for it becase they have USB boot
facilities on their laptops and motherboards and they can sell more boards
and laptops.

So its an enabler technology that pushes out the envelope
for more business to those companies poised to gain maximum
benefits while at the same time benefitting Linux to the maximum.

It also begs (instead of forcing) everyone to upgrade to more powerful
machines. Again more business for PC makers with USB boot capabilities.