Re: [News] Windows Vista Cracks Still Aplenty

Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>
>> We already know that a large number of Windows users see nothing
>> wrong in copyright violation.  It's hardly related to Linux.
>
> In fact very few people (with the possible exception of Intellectual
> Monopolists) have any interest in (or sympathy with) copyrights, and
> the spiralling numbers of BitTorrent users seems to support this.
>
> And who can blame them for their apathy, after all this inexplicable
> and ethereal thing called "IP" makes no sense at all ... once again,
> to anyone except the Intellectual Monopolists.

I've just looked at how much the British Library are about to charge for
access to the archives for which we have already paid.  And there's DRM
as well.

No wonder copyright issues seem somewhat disconnected - clearly
Microsoft expect to make good money of out it - but how can anyone claim
that 100-year-old newspapers are subject to copyright?

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |