[News] Desktop GNU/Linux Leaps Ahead Very Fast

Does the Linux Desktop Innovate Too Much?

,----[ Quote ]
| For the last eighteen months, the GNU/Linux desktop has been in a period of
| radical innovation. KDE 4 introduced new features and workflows. Mark
| Shuttleworth launched Ubuntu on a unilateral redesign campaign, starting with
| notifications. GNOME announced a new desktop that, so far as anyone can tell,
| will profoundly change the user-experience.
|
| These innovations are likely to continue for at least another couple of
| release cycles, with upcoming versions of KDE scheduled to put social
| networking into applications and remote windows on to the desktops of passing
| computers.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3826171/Does-the-Linux-Desktop-Innovate-Too-Much.htm

Why I Use Linux: Arlie’s Story

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve tried using Linux in the past without success, I just installed Ubuntu
| last week because I had an extra computer and Linux is free so I was going to
| setup a system just for the Internet. OMG (Oh My Google), I’ll say it
| again “OMG”, I’m in shock. After a short learning curve I’m impressed beyond
| my ability to express myself.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=530

Recent:

EarCandy 0.4 rules !

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve been warned by Jason Taylor that a new release of EarCandy is pretty
| much ready and, well, it looks awesome !
|
| EarCandy is a PulseAudio volume manager, but a smart one ! It will
| automatically mute your music when a Movie or a YouTube video starts. And
| will mute the video when a Skype call comes in. You’ll love that ! (I already
| do)
`----

http://www.stefanoforenza.com/earcandy-04-rules/

Fedora - Online Desktop