Re: [News] Fedora 12 Out in December (Without Mono)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fedora-12-Release-Schedule-and-Goals-114542.shtml

http://larrythefreesoftwareguy.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/the-three-faces-of-fedora-11-part-3-xfce/

> Fedora!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | After using Fedora for six months I?m more than happy with it.  The most
> | recent release, Fedora-11, is very fast booting and has been
> | tremendously
> | stable for me.  That?s amazing, considering that some of the software is
> | supposed to be right there at the edge.  Fedora uses the Gnome desktop
> | by
> | default, but I prefer KDE myself.  KDE 4.x has been controvertial, to
> | say the
> | least, but I really like the latest (4.2).  It intalled flawlessly and
> | has
> | not crashed on me once.  Can?t beat that.
> `----
>
> http://joebuckley.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/fedora/
>

> Recent:
>
> Fedora 12 Codenames: Perseidas, Orionid?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Fedora 11 will be out next week, but planning for Fedora 12 is already
> | well underway. Some of the Fedora 12 features have already been laid out
> | like a user-space LVM library, enhanced multi-seat support, and
> | replacing nash/mkinitrd with Dracut. It's also time to start thinking
> | about the codename for this next Red Hat release.
> `----
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzI3Nw
>

> Fedora 12 Team Taking Codename Suggestions
>
> http://ostatic.com/blog/fedora-12-team-taking-codename-suggestions
>

> Fedora 12 Features Get Laid Out
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Fedora 11 with all of its Nouveau support, Btrfs capabilities, and
> | kernel mode-setting support glory isn't being released until later this
> | month, but the features for Fedora 12 are already being planned out.
> `----

What? No mono???? I'll be certain to buy a copy... Although my favorite
distribution is Gentoo, I always support the other distributions...
especially when they do something smart, like dumping mono....

                             From the desk of:
                             Jerome D. McBride

   14:00:58 up 49 days, 19:31,  3 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.09, 0.02