Re: [News] Existing Copyright Law Seen as Detrimental

After takin' a swig o' grog, Rick belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:41:05 -0400, Hans Lister wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 01:56:34 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> With ideas and art it can only be copying, never stealing.
>>
>> Typical freetard who has never been a position understand that the net
>> result to the victim can be the same.
>
> You do understand that copy rights were never meant to extend past the
> life of the owner, don't you? They were always meant to be of limited
> time in order to allow the owner to make a living while producing the
> next work, essentially ending the need for patronage. The fact that we
> have copyright at all is because the Founding Fathers compromised.
> Personally, seeing how things turned out, i think the compromise was a
> mistake.

Well, the term for copyright used to be much much shorter than a person's
lifetime.

Now it is wayyyyy too long.

   Money for nuthin'/
   Get yer chicks fer free/
      -- Dire Straits

--
You have the capacity to learn from mistakes.  You'll learn a lot today.