Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 20th of June, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 20th of June, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 09:00:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 940 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     310 1103332     1%
   2. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           137  295970    84%
   3. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          59   39513    62%
      Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        59   52386    67%
   5. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        37   79417    32%
   6. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         30   48640    18%
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    28   14683    73%
   8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      26   35818    70%
   9. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>           22   22188    48%
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               22    6641    41%
  11. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          19   37449    73%
  12. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       18   18911    74%
  13. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  14   11296    60%
  14. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                   12   18136    57%
  15. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                      11   24203    84%
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          11   13124    50%
  17. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>               10   13363    73%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          10   12673    74%
      Wabbit <wabbit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                10   11795    64%
  20. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               9   15198    54%
  21. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@xxxxxxxx>                7    6881    77%
      Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               7   12340    52%
  23. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                   6   12643    56%
  24. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                      5    7217    84%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               5    4170    79%
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                        5    6173    33%
  27. General Patron <GP@xxxxxxxxxxx>                    4    4448    87%
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       4    3980    78%
  29. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             3    3131    64%
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  3    2760    78%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. The official word on desktop computers                   81  181059
   2. What do you have to do not to get a virus with Win       48   64615
   3. The last post                                            30   25815
   4. Microsoft should stop selling Windows in Europe          23   37448
      1 year ago: 100 schools in Catalonia to migrate to       23   30461
   6. VisDUH Slopware Update                                   20   14294
   7. Linux Is Boring                                          18   27181
   8. ARM going dual core for netbooks and smartbooks          14   27201
      [News] Stallman Facts                                    14   18915
      Seven Reasons Why Beef Is Not Ready...                   14    7495
  11. GNU/Linux or ...                                         13   17074
  12. Oh FFS! UK users only                                    12    8790
  13. [News] Mono Reported as a "Bug" in GNU/Linux             11   17038
      [Stop the Press] No IE onboard Windows 7 in Europe       11   50701
      Windows 7 XP Mode                                        11   16933
  16. Windows Usability                                        10   12737
      Micro$oft's "skillz"                                     10    9962
      [Rival] Microsoft's "Sabotage" of Firefox Draws An       10   21535
      Fedora 11 -- pretty impressive                           10   10667
  20. Linux forever                                             9   12377
      Why is my computer so slow?                               9   12559
  22. [News] Glimpse at OpenOffice.org in Education             8    8026
      Ten reasons Linux desktops lead the way                   8    5417
      What if micoshaft left EU today?!!                        8    9787
  25. Microsoft .NET update installs Firefox add-on with        7    7919
      Jeff Relf                                                 7    3360
      Some universities have Linux Users Groups                 7    4479
      Micoshaft set to violate EU rules again over IE           7    6842
      .NET used to bash Oracle                                  7    6123
  30. More Signs of Microsoft Running Out of Money (Desp        6    4223
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     27
   2. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         22
   3. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       19
   4. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           18
   5. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     17
   6. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  16
   7. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         9
   8. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  8
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        8
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    8
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               8
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       8
  13. Wabbit <wabbit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                7
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              7
  15. Darth Chaos <darthchaosofrspw@xxxxxxxxx>                          4
      wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                               4
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          4
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           4
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          4
  20. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                  3
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              3
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       3
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          3
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              3
  25. Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              2
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      Atilla <atilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            2
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   2
  29. joseph85750@xxxxxxxxx                                             1
      Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    145
   2. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           83
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        75
   4. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  74
   5. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       73
   6. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              68
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         68
   8. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          67
      Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       67
  10. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         64
  11. Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             63
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             63
  13. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   61
      TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 61
      Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                 61
  16. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         60
  17. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     59
      Wabbit <wabbit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               59
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      59
  20. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                              58
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         58
  22. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@xxxxxxxx>                              57
  23. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                     56
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           408
   2. Pan                                                             199
   3. slrn                                                            130
   4. Thunderbird                                                      65
   5. tin                                                              59
   6. Forte Agent                                                      26
   7. XPN                                                              24
   8. G2/1.0                                                           17
   9. Gnus                                                              7
  10. Microhard Lookout                                                 4
  11. ProNews/2                                                         3
  12. Mozilla                                                           1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:00:28 up 22 days, 12:58,  3 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.13, 0.04