Re: Roy on Comes: Ballmer's Crime of Using "Bad App" to Crash Rival O/S

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:06:48 UTC, Peter <linuxlater-on@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Very interesting article on Os/2 2.0 !
> My experiences with Os/2 were not good but what were yours ?
>
> How did you find Os2 yourself ?
> Did you have any problems with it ?
> Was it quicker to boot up than Windows ?
> Did you feel it had some really good native software written for it ?
> Do you feel that computing would have been much better if Os2 have
> become the main dominate OS ?
>
>             Peter

Peter,
I have been using OS/2 since around 1993, the best version being OS/2
Warp Connect, a fully capable network OS.  I still run OS/2 in its
latest incarnation, eCS, which is really OS/2 4.52 with all fixpacks.
I have had very few problems with OS/2, it runs a copy of windows 3.1
within the OS.  Yes, we would have been better to have had OS/2 on the
desktop than windows!  Hundreds of banks/insurance companies and some
major retail outlets still run OS/2, my bank Wamu/Chase used to run a
customized version of OS/2 on all ATMs, very safe.  Then, Diebold went
with windows and now I feel the ATMs are not as safe.

"What do you mean there's no movie?"