Re: [News] Mono Reported as a "Bug" in GNU/Linux

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tony Manco belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> Miguel: http://pastebin.com/f4c3dce66
>
> Interesting!

More:

# <thenixedreport> Do you have any comments in regards to this article?
# <thenixedreport> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/25215/1090/1/0/
# <miguel> Is that Sam Vargese again?
# <miguel> I rather not read more junk from that "journalist"
# <miguel> Oh,I already read that piece of junk

   http://www.itwire.com/content/view/25215/1090/1/0/

Also of note:

   http://mono-project.com/FAQ:_Licensing

   The core of the .NET Framework, and what has been patented by Microsoft
   falls under the ECMA/ISO submission. Jim Miller at Microsoft has made a
   statement on the patents covering ISO/ECMA, (he is one of the inventors
   listed in the patent): here
(http://web.archive.org/web/20030424174805/http://mailserver.di.unipi.it/pipermail/dotnet-sscli/msg00218.html)

   Basically a grant is given to anyone who want to implement those
   components for free and for any purpose.

   For people who need full compatibility with the Windows platform, Mono's
   strategy for dealing with any potential issues that might arise with
   ASP.NET, ADO.NET or Windows.Forms is: (1) work around the patent by using
   a different implementation technique that retains the API, but changes
   the mechanism; if that is not possible, we would (2) remove the pieces of
   code that were covered by those patents, and also (3) find prior art that
   would render the patent useless.

   Not providing a patented capability would weaken the interoperability,
   but it would still provide the free software / open source software
   community with good development tools, which is the primary reason for
   developing Mono.

--
When I reflect upon the number of disagreeable people who I know who have gone
to a better world, I am moved to lead a different life.