[News] GNU/Linux Desktop Productivity in Detail

Turn Gnome into a productivity blaster

,----[ Quote ]
| If you rely on computers to help you get things done in your personal or
| professional life, then you’re probably on the lookout for useful
| applications that will help you stay on top of things. Recently, we took a
| look at productivity tools for the KDE desktop, but there are plenty of
| options out there for the GNOME desktop, too. Here are a batch of tools
| designed with GNOME users in mind.
`----

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2009/turn-gnome-into-a-productivity-blaster.html

Recent:

Make Your Linux Desktop More Productive

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple has convinced millions that they can make the switch from Windows to OS
| X, but those curious about Linux have to see for themselves if they can work
| or play on a free desktop.
`----

http://debaira.blogspot.com/2009/04/make-your-linux-desktop-more-productive.html

Pros and Cons for Using CLI

,----[ Quote ]
| In this article I will debate on several major advantages and disadvantages
| for using the command-line in Linux. When I think it's 'better' to use CLI,
| when not, and how can this can impact the work speed.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/04/pros-and-cons-for-using-cli.html

Spruce Up KDE With All the Productivity Tools You’ll Ever Need

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s no question computers make our lives easier, especially with all the
| productivity tools available today. If you use the KDE desktop, then you may
| already know that there are many wonderful productivity applications designed
| especially for KDE. Let’s take a look at how some of these apps can help you
| streamline your work and stay organized while you get things done.
`----

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2009/spruce-up-kde-with-all-the-productivity-tools-youll-ever-need.html

Introducing Notification Icons

,----[ Quote ]
| So don't expect in KDE 4.3 all KDE applications to have been magically
| converted to this new protocol, but i hope all the plumbing will be there to
| permit application developers to start considering using this, and i'm really
| looking forward for other projects to cooperate to have a new unified shiny
| stuff :D
`----

http://www.notmart.org/index.php/Software/Introducing_Notification_Icons

Related:

Katapult yourself to keyboard productivity

,----[ Quote ]
| Katapult is a small but useful application that will let you keep your hands
| on the keyboard. You don't have to remember any complex key combinations to
| switch tracks while chatting or performing calculations or checking spelling
| while doing your homework. Katapult is simple enough to use that there's no
| learning curve involved.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/117058

howto enhance your workflow with beryl

,----[ Quote ]
| Problem is, I spread my applications across all 4 desktops, so
| that things feel uncluttered when I'm working on an application.
| However, when you want to keep an eye on several applications at
| a time, it's impossible - except, if you have beryl. What I do
| is set one of the corners of my desktop to activate the scale
| plugin to show all windows from all desktops (see here for a
| more detailed explanation). I also make sure that it shows
| minimised windows.
`----

http://www.liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=101

Cool New Beryl Feature: Ring Window Switcher

http://justanothertechblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/cool-new-beryl-feature-ring-window.html

Cool new Beryl Feature: Window Thumbnails

http://justanothertechblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/cool-new-beryl-feature-window.html

Productivity Crisis In R&D

,----[ Quote ]

`----