Re: [News] European Commission Should Prevent Bundling of Windows

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Unbundle IE in Europe? Why stop there?
,----[ Quote ]
| My interest here isn't in what Microsoft and the EU agree to as an | appropriate remedy for Microsoft's market dominance in web browsers or past | legal transgressions. My interest is in ensuring an increase in the global | competition in operating system platforms. In short, unbundle IE in Europe? | Why stop there? Why not unbundle the whole of Windows from all OEM PCs | shipped in Europe? `----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10012947o-2000630136b,00.htm

Well that would be extremely difficult for John Q Pleb trying to buy a PC. What they do need to do is make sure that there are no barriers to OEMs selling PCs with other operating systems, legal or financial.