[News] Many New Wins and Bright Future for GNU/Linux on Servers

Cisco Developer Contest: the ten finalists

,----[ Quote ]
| Mick Scully, Cisco Vice President at the Access Routing Technology group put
| out a VoD announcing the finalists.
`----

http://www.ciscozine.com/2009/06/09/cisco-developer-contest-the-ten-finalists/

Free EventTracker Pulse Logs Impressive Capabilities

,----[ Quote ]
| In a space where custom-built Linux or Unix syslog servers still reign
| supreme, and the acquisition of new equipment is on hold for many
| organizations, these minimum requirements might scare off some potential
| users.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/infrastructure/management/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217800777

Economic Conditions Accelerate Consolidation's Dampening of Server Hardware
Demand -- New Research From TheInfoPro

,----[ Quote ]
| "With server budgets flat or declining for 2009, there seems to be little
| good news or growth areas to highlight in this latest study," said Bob Gill,
| TheInfoPro's Managing Director of Server Research. "One exception, though,
| can be seen in the deployment of Linux-based servers, which, while not
| dominant from the perspective of total OSs installed, continues to maintain
| growth year over year. With Linux every bit as robust as Unix in
| interviewees' minds, the growing ISV base and the inescapable economics of
| advancing x86 technology paint a rosy picture for Linux in the coming years.
| There seems to be little conflict between Linux and Windows Server in most
| enterprises because the OSs are serving different application bases."
`----

http://virtualization.sys-con.com/node/997377/print

Ten of the coolest and most powerful supercomputers of all time

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://royal.pingdom.com/2009/06/11/10-of-the-coolest-and-most-powerful-supercomputers-of-all-time/

`----