Re: Sweden’s Most Prolific Writer Supports Sharing by P2P

On 2009-05-30 14:34, Ezekiel wrote:
<steveo42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5c28bdc7-195c-45ce-9814-653b09e99d29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On May 29, 7:37 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Pirate Party Backed by Sweden’s Most Prolific Writer

,----[ Quote ]
| In their race for one or more seats in the European Parliament, the Swedish | Pirate Party has gathered support from all layers of society, including some | well known public figures. One of them is Lars Gustafsson, one of Sweden’s | most prolific writers, who openly expressed his support for the Pirate Party
| today.
`----
1. Radiohead is a dead band. Think Men at Work.
2. Ask Sweeden's writer if he would have thought like that before he
made his millions selling copyrighted material.

I can't belive you Linux freakazoids are this ignorant, but evidently
you are.

If this Lars guy wants to give away his work for free then he has every right to... more power to him.

But it's obsurd for him to try and dictate what other authors or musicians should do.

I think his point was that the primary goal for an author is to be published and read.
And he blame some authors that just do it for getting yet another private castle.

The current system is not perfect for small authors, they often have to accept
all terms from the publisher, and it's not sure they get much from the sales.

We don't need publishers today, not more then the local telegraph station,
or the blacksmith that change shoes on the horses, their time is over and
now the authors and musicians can publish their own things and keep the
control of their copyright, and instead of selling 1000 records at the local
store, they can reach 1 million free downloaders where maybe 500 pay for it,
but since you have no distributors to pay and no hardware , the profit will be
much more.

A freak is one who think he can write a software and sell it as binary in a box
and make money without building a mega company first.

Anyone that make things free is a contributor and they get rewards for it one
way or another.

/bb