[News] Some More New Software for GNU/Linux Desktop and Smartphones

New releases catch-up

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's some recent updates for those of you too busy to hit F5 on Freshmeat
| every 10 seconds. Ardour 2.8 is now available featuring track and bus
| templates, distributable VST support and AudioUnit state saving -- stuff
| which has to be cool if you're into digital audio. Gnumeric 1.9.5 brings
| everyone's favourite non-OOo spreadsheet closer to 2.0 with bugfixes en
| masse, while HardInfo 0.5 displays a shedload more details about your system,
| and remains the essential fact-gathering tool when you need to get Linux
| help. Some more updates after the break
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/new-releases-catch

D2 Technologies' mCUE(TM) Adds Support for IBM(R) Lotus(R) Sametime(R) on Linux
Smartphones

,----[ Quote ]
| D2 Technologies, the market leader in embedded IP communications software
| platforms, today announced that its mCUE(TM) converged mobile communications
| client software is now interoperable with IBM(R) Lotus(R) Sametime(R),
| today's most widely deployed unified communications (UC) platform in the
| enterprise. Through this native support, D2's mCUE achieves increased
| versatility and better promotes the use of Linux-based mobile devices in
| enterprise UC scenarios. In turn, OEMs and ODMs can now use mCUE's converged
| presence-based communications user interface (CUI) to more quickly develop
| and introduce to market new mobile devices that integrate all session types,
| including cellular voice call, VoIP, IM, SMS and email messaging.
`----

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2246626/

Yesterday:

Desktop Linux: I'm Here for the Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| The best and the worst attributes of Linux as a desktop operating system
| involve acquiring and maintaining software applications. For me, the
| positives outweigh the negatives, making Linux the best desktop operating
| system option I've encountered, and the one I choose at work and at home.
|
| If Linux is to pile up more desktop adherents, the vendors and communities
| that back the open-source platform need to work together to accentuate those
| positives and shrink down the negative aspects of getting and managing
| software on Linux.
`----

http://blogs.eweek.com/brooks/content/linux/desktop_linux_im_here_for_the_apps.html

10 Essential Applications Included in Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/03/10-essential-applications-included-in.html