[News] GNU/Linux DVD Applications and Review of the Latest Amarok

21 of the Best Free Linux DVD Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| The venerable DVD is a removable media format that was conceived over 15
| years ago. However, it still remains today the ideal format for many uses,
| although blu-ray is starting to make significant inroads in the field of
| multimedia playback.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090329080128760/DVDTools.html

Review: Amarok 2.0.2 - Better Than 1.4?

,----[ Quote ]
| Amarok always had the reputation of being the most popular and powerful audio
| player available on the Linux platform, and it really deserved that position.
| I myself am a fan of Amarok for over three years now, and there was nothing I
| could think of which Amarok 1.4 did not have.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2009/03/review-amarok-202-better-than-14.html

"The government is not trying to destroy Microsoft, it’s simply seeking to
compel Microsoft to obey the law. It’s quite revealing that Mr. Gates equates
the two."

                                --Government official

Recent:

Only Time Will Tell - Amarok 2.0.2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Our primary focus is on the upcoming 2.1 feature release, but we have fixed a
| number of the most critical and annoying bugs present in 2.0.1.1.
| Get Amarok 2.0.2 while it is fresh, and keep Amarokin'. And remember, good
| things are on the way! Check our blogs for updates.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.0.2

Amarok gets a facelift

,----[ Quote ]
| On the upside, Amarok 2 does the job it set out to do well, and is a
| wonderful compliment to any KDE 4 installation. Once you get used to the new
| interface, it's actually not too bad -- if you're like me, you may end up
| liking it a bit better. In the final analysis, Amarok 2.0 provided me with
| some great tunes while I wrote this article, and it has been a pleasure to
| use.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/155246

Hands-on: Amarok 2 rocks the house