[News] New Software for GNU/Linux and Other Killer Applications

Nixstaller 0.5: Installation Assistant for Linux and Co.

,----[ Quote ]
| The new dependency manager establishes the installation configuration and
| installs said configurations according to the user’s wish. With the new UTF-8
| support, the project has expanded software localization. At the user’s
| specification, Nixstaller is capable of incorporating the user’s given
| application software language. Among the new additions is the current option
| to incorporate an autonomous installation process that does not require user
| interaction.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/nixstaller_0_5_installation_assistant_for_linux_and_co

Adobe Reader 9.1 for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The new version 9.1 of Adobe Reader brings some improvements regarding the
| command line interface and printing features.
|
| Adobe now provides its PDF reader in a Linux version for 9.1. The release
| plugs some security holes and provides a few new features. Among them is
| tabbed viewing of multiple PDFs and detaching them to separate windows. The
| software also has a faster launch and performance and more intuitive user
| interfaces.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/adobe_reader_9_1_for_linux

Scribus and Linux and Comic Strips!

,----[ Quote ]
| Enter Scribus!  Scribus is a terrific open source desktop publishing program
| that can do any kind of page layout. Scribus has a nice selection of vector
| drawing tools (rectangles, circles, etc.) I simply design the comic strip
| using Scribus' drawing tools.  I use rectangles to create comic panels, text
| tools to lay in the title and copyright, and other rectangular drawing tools
| to create light blue lettering guides.
`----

http://www.oneclicklinux.com/2009/03/scribus-and-linux-and-comic-strips.html

I just had an Epiphany

,----[ Quote ]
| So yeah, if you’re using Firefox with a dozen extensions, stick with it. But
| if you don’t, and you wish your favourite browser would boot faster, look
| better, or use less memory…don’t look any further. You’ll love Epiphany.
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2009/03/27/i-just-had-an-epiphany/

Recent:

Sneak Preview of Adobe Reader 9.x on Linux and Solaris x86

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.adobe.com/acroread/2009/03/sneak_preview_of_adobe_reader.html